Hitting the Snows with Columbia, O'Neill and Anon

Friday, July 25, 2014
Snowboarding Jindabyne Perisher Blogger 2014
Anon Tempest Purple Pink Asian Fit Goggles
Snowboarding Perisher 2014 Snow
O'Neill Pwfr Frame Snow Jacket Spring Grass
Anon Tempest Purple Pink Asian Fit Goggles
O'Neill Pwfr Frame Snow Jacket Spring Grass
Snowboarding Thredbo 2014 Snowman
Snowboarding Thredbo 2014 Snowman
Snowboarding Thredbo 2014
COLUMBIA  OMNI HEAT TECHNOLOGY Jacket 2014
COLUMBIA  OMNI HEAT TECHNOLOGY Jacket 2014
COLUMBIA  OMNI HEAT TECHNOLOGY Jacket 2014
COLUMBIA  OMNI HEAT TECHNOLOGY Jacket 2014
Georges Bay Sydney 2014

Wearing: O'Neill Pwfr Frame Snow Jacket in Spring Grass via Surfdome, Anon Tempest Purple Pink Asian Fit Goggles and Columbia Might Lite III (Omni heat Technology) Jacket
Staying at: Perisher and Thredbo Resorts 2014

I managed to take some time off work this week to head out and snowboard with one of my besties Betty. Before we headed out though, I hunted down some reliable gear for the snows - an O'neill Snow Jacket in Spring Green and Anon Tempest Goggles (in Asian fit). O'neill jackets are really good quality - with the right amount of pockets, great fit and high quality fabric. It kept me snug when I first hit the mountains and I was able to cool myself down with it's sleeve vents when I brought up a sweat snowboarding. I was able to hold my phone, ipod, ski lift pass and camera quite easily for convenience and with the waterproof fabric I had no worries.
The Anon Googles I bought were of high quality - it allowed me to head down the hill without glare affecting my vision and when it snowed it shielded me from getting snowflakes into my eyes.

Snowboarding gear aside - I had so much fun up those mountains. Our group circled the Perisher and Thredbo resorts for a couple of days. I rented out a snowboard, pants and boots and took my first lesson. I was really frustrated at first because I couldn't stand up or brake properly. It came down to the fact that I thought I was a Natural but really I was a Goofy. I switched boards with my friend who was a Goofy and everything was 10 times better. I can perform the 'Falling Leaf' technique and have done a couple of simple runs without falling over at the beginners slope. Very surprised with my improvement. I have yet to begin to master the 'toe bend' but I know its possible after some practice (I'm going again in August yay).

After two days of snowboarding we managed to find some time to build a Snowman. It was really funny when everyone who passed us screamed out 'Do you want to build a snowman?!' and threw us snowballs. But that was fun, just relaxing and digging our fingers deep into the fresh snow.

When we drove back I wore my new Columbia jacket to keep me snug driving down the snowy mountains. Its omni heat thermal reflective, breathing warming technology kept me really warm. The patent technology helps regulate my body heat with little silver dots on the lining that reflects and retain the warmth my body generates, dissipating moisture and excess heat. It kept my body heat neutral while I went into town for dinner and walked along the parks on the way back home.
I've now grown a love for snowboarding and I'm keen to come back. The last time I went to the Snows was 5 years ago and it was to ski. Hated that sport. And I couldn't appreciate the clothing choices I had, or the adrenalin rush that came with it. That's all changed since my Snowboarding trip and I'm now keen to see that fresh powdered snow again.



4 comments :

  1. I've actually never snowboarded before despite living all the way up north in Canada! It looks so fun, and those glasses look fabulous!! The fall leaves are just gorgeous~ it makes me want fall to come earlier just because I'm only experiencing a lot of rain here in summer and not much sun :( have a great day!X

    Chic Nikkie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! i also love snowboard!!
    love your hat, is cute!:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this blog. provided great information. All the details are explained clearly with the great explanation. Thanks for this wonderful blog. Step by step processes execution are given clearly.Know the details about different thing.
    mens nike snowboard boots

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your comments, I appreciate the support!
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram
x Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...