Fitness First: Step Outside Your Comfort Zone

Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Fitness First Gym Parramatta Cardio Room
Fitness First Gym Parramatta
Fitness First Gym Parramatta Cardio Room
Fitness First Gym Parramatta Cardio Room
Fitness First Gym Parramatta Cardio Room
Fitness First Gym Parramatta Cardio Room
Fitness First Gym Parramatta Work Out Studio
Fitness First Gym Parramatta Work Out Studio
Fitness First Gym Parramatta Boxing Room
Fitness First Gym Parramatta TRX Room
Fitness First Gym Parramatta Biceps TRX
Fitness First Gym Parramatta TRX Plank
Fitness First Gym Parramatta
Fitness First Gym Parramatta
Fitness First Gym Parramatta

Fitness First: Step Outside Your Comfort Zone

This year, I have taken some steps to #changeforthebest with Fitness First and I can already see some positive changes. Last month I held a successful giveaway in liaison with Fitness First and I'm sure the winner is now inspired to take those prizes and also #changeforthebest.

This Month, I visited Fitness First in Parramatta to attend the Sunday Body Pump Class in the morning. I loved the studio here, it was much more spacious and had more equipment than any other gyms I've been to. Les Mills Body Pump class is a 60 minute barbell class that strengthens your body and challenges all my biggest muscle groups. Confident with the instructor's instructions, he guided me through a series of squats, presses, lunges, lifts, dead lifts, curls and more. If you want an idea of what it's all about, watch below:



For me, I was sweating and out of breath, but completely satisfied as doing it in a class full of people really motivated me not to give up. The higher reps really made me feel a burn, especially in my thighs and chest area. I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone with the fast paced Body Pump Class.

Me and Betty then explored the rest of the very large Fitness First, with three grande levels of equipment. I was impressed by the huge scale of the Cardio room, with six levels of different machines all ready to use. There's a boxing room, two levels of weight training machines, a women- only training room, studios, spin class room and my favourite, the TRX room. It was empty but my friend Betty guided me through some simple exercises such as the plank and bicep curls using the TRX rope. That, was also something new for me. I could feel myself using different muscles I've never used before.

I'm keen to come back to Fitness First and dedicate more time on figuring out all the machines on those two levels. The next class I want to try is Pilates. Fitness and Exercise seem so much more enjoyable now when there are instructors to guide you and the idea of trying something new. And that's the idea: to step outside my comfort zone.


 

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Do you even lift?

Shopping Lady said...

This fitness centre is wonderful!

My latest post: A leap forward to A/W 2014/15
Follow me on
THE SHOPPING GIRLS
INSTAGRAM
BLOGLOVIN'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...